ACR in 224 Valkyrie - Page 2
Join Today
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: ACR in 224 Valkyrie

Quote Originally Posted by Locutus494 View Post
    From what I've heard, the thing to worry about with .224 Valkyrie isn't the barrel length, but the twist rate. There have been a lot of issues with some twist rates only working with specific ammo loads and not with others.
    I’ve heard this as well. Something about it either being for lighter rounds or heavier rounds. If they can get the teething issues worked out I think it would be a pretty nice setup.
    Rest in Peace Franny
    Employee BBC Armament 07/02
    Email me for questions or Acr barrel conversions (remove spaces)
    templarprecision @ yahoo.com
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Forum Lurker
    This is still on my DMR bucket list....

Forum Lurker
    I have a .224 Valkyrie build I did, I ended up using a craddock criterion 22" 1:7 twist and am able to skirt right below an MOA with some serious barrel break in time( cleaning after every 5 shots for roughly 80 or so rounds) with 88 gr factory Hornady loads, once I did this it started to tighten the groups up quite a bit. If I would have know what I know now, I would most likely go with a 1:6.5 twist as that seems to be getting the best results with the heavier loads. An ACR DMR in this round would be pretty awesome IMO

4. Remove Advertisements
    ACRForum.com
    Advertisements

I would definitely be down for this.
    Do it or don't!

If there’s some midlength barrels I could convert one. I’ve already designed a new piston for rifle length. I just need to have some made up.
    Rest in Peace Franny

Quote Originally Posted by bigdog2003_99 View Post
    If there’s some midlength barrels I could convert one. I’ve already designed a new piston for rifle length. I just need to have some made up.
    Killer man. Do you need to have some financial commitment from a certain amount of users? The .224 Valk seems like such an intriguing rifle. I have too many LR bolt guns right now and the ACR is my newest squeeze. I'd love to try it out on this platform.
    Do it or don't!

Not really, I can do one offs. For custom jobs like that just ask for partial or full payment up front because it’s custom. I used to do the builds and pull the payment after but some dude ghosted on me leaving me with a conversion I couldn’t use.
    Rest in Peace Franny

Forum Lurker
    I'll step in here. I think that having a .224V ACR DMR would rock.

I'm running the operation of the system through my head, and think that just having a mid length spun up might work for this. Depends on dwell time and such for the piston system.

I wonder what the bolt and piston system stuff adds to the cost?

Quote Originally Posted by vectorsc View Post
    I'll step in here. I think that having a .224V ACR DMR would rock.

I'm running the operation of the system through my head, and think that just having a mid length spun up might work for this. Depends on dwell time and such for the piston system.

I wonder what the bolt and piston system stuff adds to the cost?
    A complete bolt is about 125-150 unless you can find a factory one.

The gas system parts is over 400 dollars. I think it’s 450-500 from BM. I sell them for 400. You might get lucky and find a used barrel set to get the parts from for less.
    Rest in Peace Franny

Forum Lurker
    Anyone pursue this yet??

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Search tags for this page

acr valkyrie accuracy

acr valkyrie conversion

Click on a term to search for related topics.