Help needed on ACR Enhanced Light Mount
Join Today

Help needed on ACR Enhanced Light Mount

I need a light Mount for a Surefire Mini-scout that works like the Gear Sector Scout Mount but is not canted as much. The GS mount will not work on the side rail of the ACR. I have my scout direct mounted to the ACR receiver. However it interferes with my PEQ-15 illuminator. I need something that will mount on the left rail and put the light slightly above the bore axis, but leave enough room for the PEQ to mount all the way forward.

I have tried GS and Danger Close Consulting. Any light mounts I am missing besides the S&S $200 mount?

i wonder if Ryan could fab up something for it, he did a custom rail already
    Rest in Peace Franny
    Employee BBC Armament 07/02
    Email me for questions or Acr barrel conversions (remove spaces)
    templarprecision @ yahoo.com
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I think I found a way to do it with a mount n slot scout mount. Have to see tomorrow

4. Remove Advertisements
    ACRForum.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for the help. Though I think the Larue Mount suffers from the same issue and will not work on an ACR side rail. And I never understood the reasoning for a QD return to Zero light mount. All of my lights are 20MOA

Thanks

If it aint a PEQ/DBAL (IR), I dont think I would have a laser on a gun. Plus unless its mounted to the top rail or your new rail, it wouldnt hold zero anyway. I always prefer lasers above the boreline.

And the Larue setup is for a scout mount...

Spam away good sir. I have tried a lot of lights for rifles, Fenix, Jetbeam, surefire, streamlight, etc.

The surefire lights are built much better than the rest. I would never use a fenix, jetbeam or non-weapon specific light on a defensive weapon.

I really used to dislike surefire because of the cost, but after taking apart an X400 i see where their added cost comes in. While they may do the HK thing and get some brand profit, they are definitely better built lights.

The VLTOR mounts are uninspired and ADM mounts drive me nuts. As much as I generally dont like Larue, they do make the best QD optic Mounts around.
    President - Unity Tactical - Design and Validation for the Tactical Community

APWR,

Not sure I follow those last few posts. I am cetainly not an inventor of any magnitude, I end up breaking more than I fix. Your side rail fix is a great solution.

I prefer lasers above the boreline and all the way forward. I prefer Larue Mounts over ADM.

Which flashlight are you talking about in that pic above?

I didnt know blogging was "Industry" I will be happy to make that known.

I just typed the URL into the signature box... That is the way it shows up now as well. Ill PM you in a bit. Thanks