Join Today
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Wise Member

Leupold Tactical Mark VI 3-18x44 riflescope

This looks like an interesting long-range riflescope. Anyone seen one of these or perhaps even used one. It's fairly new, so maybe not. A few days ago, I purchased a LaRue Tactical 20 MOA 34mm PSR QD scope mount to use on both my ACR and the new precision/hunting rifle that I have plans for. The version of this Leupold scope that I'm looking at has the TReMoR2 reticle. It's somewhat pricey at almost $2600 but should be a great long-range optic. The Mark VI is a leap forward in the optimization of both size and magnification. Hopefully, I can find a good deal on one.

Last edited by SamM; 03-19-2012 at 08:53 PM.

I'm looking to get the MK6 1-6 hopefully in the near future. I got to use a MK8 a guy had on an OBR and it was MONEY!

Quote Originally Posted by SDDuc996 View Post
    I'm looking to get the MK6 1-6 hopefully in the near future. I got to use a MK8 a guy had on an OBR and it was MONEY!
    Better be for the kinda coin they want fer it!!
    "Tis better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt." - Pres. A. Lincoln

If I were to spend that kind of money on a scope, I would get the trijicon tars
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Team A.P.W.R. - Tactics and Training Chief

I'm an idealist, with an assault rifle

The MK6 and MK8 scopes from Leupold are very very nice.

I want a 1-6 badly.

the 3-18 was very bright and clear, fast adjustment of magnification.. I only shot it at lower power, but it seemed to do the job.
    Graphic design and branding.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Current stuff:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some of my clients include, or have included, AAC, Remington Defense, Daniel Defense, TrackingPoint, Barnes, Military Times, Ambush Firearms, Noveske, Blue Force Gear, Unity, Remington, Bushmaster, DPMS, Leupold, Sig, the NRA-ILA, etc.

If I were to spend approx $3k, it'd better say Schmidt Bender on the side.

Quote Originally Posted by SDDuc996 View Post
    If I were to spend approx $3k, it'd better say Schmidt Bender on the side.
    Actually, I'd argue against that nowadays... Schmidt has been upping their prices while Leup has been lowering them. In terms of quality, performance, and durability the latest Leups are way up there.

The MK8 and MK6's are just amazing.

And they are made in the US if that matters at all.
    Graphic design and branding.

Current stuff:

Some of my clients include, or have included, AAC, Remington Defense, Daniel Defense, TrackingPoint, Barnes, Military Times, Ambush Firearms, Noveske, Blue Force Gear, Unity, Remington, Bushmaster, DPMS, Leupold, Sig, the NRA-ILA, etc.

Mmmm... I most definitely want to get a MK6 when they become available... wonder when that will be.

I had the opportunity to buy a S&B PMII Short Dot while deployed to Germany for $1400. The objective was dinged so I didn't. It was mounted to a 6.8 AR that was the owner's Boar gun.

All I know was the glass was so clear that I could actually see into the future and saw myself writing this post.

A buddy used to say, "Friends don't let friends shoot Leupolds." I also believe they are getting better but I'd LOVE to have a S&B and believe they are one of the very best.. Were it not for the Leupy discount, I'd stick with Nightforce.

S&B are amazing. It's all we used on our precision rifles in the Corps. Mk11, M12, M110, M40, SASSER. They all had S&B. I know during my time behind the M40, I was able to see even further into the future. I saw some Korean guy in Germany looking at a scope...which I thought odd, then I saw even further and saw some guy named SDDUC posting about it and it all made sense.
    Last edited by Tommys229; 03-20-2012 at 07:59 PM.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Team A.P.W.R. - Tactics and Training Chief

I'm an idealist, with an assault rifle

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast