Join Today
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

The Ammo and gun price gouging has officially begun

I'm not posting this to trash this or any other vendor, but the price gouging has officially begun. I just got this e mail alert this morning, basically it says you are about to get it up the ass.

Fuck you Obama, fuck you and the rest of the traitors!

---
    Update on our Stock and Prices
    Due to the results of the recent election, orders for ammunition and related products have increased exponentially. This has resulted in majority of our products advertised on our previous sales flyer email to be sold out. Unfortunately due to supply and demand has our suppliers and importers have increased their price to us and this is completely out of our control. Due to this and our increasing backlog, sale prices will revert back to normal price as inventory begins to return to stock.We apologize for any inconveniences and encourage you to check our website on a regular basis to check what items are back in stock.Click Here to View our Online Store
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it". Thomas Jefferson

Not surprised at all, a replay of 2008
    "Tis better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt." - Pres. A. Lincoln

I don't blame them. It's not price gouging. Nobody is forcing you to buy any of their stuff. It's not food, gas, or water that you need to live. If a store sells out of all their inventory and cannot resupply because nothing is available and everything is backordered for months, the dealer has no money coming in, so you have to make up by making money on what you have to hold you over till more comes in. Dealer price on stuff is shit to begin with.
    If you're not breaking parts you're not shooting enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Viper5243 View Post
    I don't blame them. It's not price gouging. Nobody is forcing you to buy any of their stuff. It's not food, gas, or water that you need to live. If a store sells out of all their inventory and cannot resupply because nothing is available and everything is backordered for months, the dealer has no money coming in, so you have to make up by making money on what you have to hold you over till more comes in. Dealer price on stuff is shit to begin with.
    whenever man faces dire straits,you can count on price gouging.yes ammo is as important as food,water and shelter,more so than ever.
    He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one. - Luke 11:36.

"God grants liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it."

Keep firing until your target changes shape or catches fire

Ammo is important, but this is not like it's the end of the world SHTF apocalypse and no more ammo will ever be available. People are freaking out for what they think MIGHT happen. No body is putting a gun to your head saying you have to buy it. You won't starve, or be homeless if you don't buy the ammo.

i guess it's just better that the store keep their prices what they were, sell out, not be able to restock so then not be able to pay bills and just go out of business.
    If you're not breaking parts you're not shooting enough.

Obm has said he will activly pursue to seperate you from all your semi auto weapons this term.
    He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one. - Luke 11:36.

"God grants liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it."

Keep firing until your target changes shape or catches fire

Price gouging is a good thing. For the reasons Viper stated. plus some. Not just talking about ammo, but anything. If a store has something you need, and they are forced to not bring up the price in a situation that means the supply will run out soon, then everyone will fly to the store, and buy all of it. Leaving nothing for the people that actually might need it. If they make the price ridiculous then only the people that truly need it will get it, and they will only get what they need. Leaving more for others that need it. simple supply and demand. It is good. These governors that are trying to make price gouging laws and all this and that truly understand nothing. Same thing on the ammo. if you have ammo stock piled, and a place has a thousand round for 500 dollars, you will not want to buy it, but if it was 300 per 1k, you may buy some just to have more stock. But when someone truly needs that 1000, they will pay 500. Spreading the ammo around to people who actually need it, while letting supply and demand determine price, like it should. Sorry for the novel, I just felt like ranting.
    Customer service at Advanced Armament Corp.

I agree with some of what was said except for the comment about price gouging being a "good thing", only pigs gouge there fellow man in times like this (or any time for that matter) It's one of the seven deadly sins people. I completely disagree with vipers comment about ammo not being as important as food or water. With ammo I can hunt to provide food, with ammo I can protect what stores I do have from those that will try to take them from me and the people I am responsible to protect and provide for. With ammo I can fight off and destroy those that would try to do me harm. And most importantly to keep a tyrannical government on notice that "We the people will not go quietly into the night".
    Last edited by Undertaker; 11-09-2012 at 08:54 PM.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it". Thomas Jefferson

We've seen a spike of nearly $4 a box on certain rounds of ammo from our vendors since the election ended. It's crazy.

Demand for guns and ammo has also spiked since the election ended. My shop has been INSANE busy all week, and from the sounds of it, we are the only shop in the area not raising our prices over our normal mark up percentages. I refuse to gouge fellow gun enthusiasts. I think this will only build a better bond between us and our customers, and so far, I'm right.
    CEO/Owner
    Tacti-Cool Guns & Gear, Inc
    Santa Maria, Ca
    07 FFL / SOT

Those who live by the sword... get shot by those who don't

I'm not going to do like I did in 2008 and buy and trade gear for ridiculously priced items. I'm going to hold out this time and see what happens. I'll buy when the craze is over.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast