Join Today
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Beretta ARX100

This might be the only rifle in the world that's actually uglier than the scar.
    Customer service at Advanced Armament Corp.

I thought the name was originally the ARX160? Did they change the name?

Nevermind, I see its a semi version.
    Last edited by RussTBullet; 05-09-2013 at 09:25 AM.

Went to see a buddy at KIA (Kabul Intl Airport Mil side) today. Saw a shit ton of Eyetalian soldiers all carrying the ARX160.

Guess what they had on their hip? PX4 Storm.
    Smokescreen1030 likes this.

Sucks to be them.....

I knew they were Eyetalian because they were all wearing wife beaters, 12 gold necklaces a piece, and got into their Camaros and drove off.

Forum Lurker
    Agreed Ugly as SHiT but they already have more offer than either of the other platforms (SCAR & ACR) and it is not even available yet. I did not see this thread when I started mine but I read about it in G&A my thread has a link to the "review" of it. Below is a clip of it. They even wasted there time trying to make it look better by putting a HAMR on it....... IT ACCEPTS AK MAGS..

The Multi-Caliber Option
    What good is a switch-barrel design if there are no spares or caliber options readily available? The caliber-conversion option is one of the most significant advancements defining third-generation battle rifles. Although promises of a 6.8 SPC barrel for my ACR are renewed each year, I still don’t have one. Beretta, on the other hand, says that it will offer ARX spare barrels from the get-go, including a .300 Blackout kit that is expected to retail for $499. The Italian-made ARX 160 has already been chambered for 6.8 SPC II, 5.4539 and 7.6239, and configured to accept AK mags. I’ve seen an ARX with a nine-inch SBR barrel and am told that other calibers like the 6.8 SPC could appear in spare barrel kits sometime next year.

Read more: Citizen Soldier: Beretta ARX 100 Review - Guns & Ammo

Quote Originally Posted by Glocksonlock View Post
    Agreed Ugly as SHiT but they already have more offer than either of the other platforms (SCAR & ACR) and it is not even available yet. I did not see this thread when I started mine but I read about it in G&A my thread has a link to the "review" of it. Below is a clip of it. They even wasted there time trying to make it look better by putting a HAMR on it....... IT ACCEPTS AK MAGS..

The Multi-Caliber Option
    What good is a switch-barrel design if there are no spares or caliber options readily available? The caliber-conversion option is one of the most significant advancements defining third-generation battle rifles. Although promises of a 6.8 SPC barrel for my ACR are renewed each year, I still don’t have one. Beretta, on the other hand, says that it will offer ARX spare barrels from the get-go, including a .300 Blackout kit that is expected to retail for $499. The Italian-made ARX 160 has already been chambered for 6.8 SPC II, 5.4539 and 7.6239, and configured to accept AK mags. I’ve seen an ARX with a nine-inch SBR barrel and am told that other calibers like the 6.8 SPC could appear in spare barrel kits sometime next year.

Read more: Citizen Soldier: Beretta ARX 100 Review - Guns & Ammo
    While I like the announced feature set of the rifle, we have been promised these same things by other companies. The proof is in the pudding. If and when I can actually buy these caliber options my attitude will change.

But for now, I will not be the test rat.
    cowsrus likes this.
    "Tis better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt." - Pres. A. Lincoln

Yeah, the ergos on the ARX look shitty to me. I won't be looking forward to one. But if my Chief gets his eyes on one every deputy will have on in their trunk. He has some love affair with Beretta. We went from the security 6 .357 way back in the day to 9mm 92D (double-action only), to 96G (DA/SA .40) to our current .40 PX4. We first got the things when they were new.

No support for them. We were lucky to get Safariland duty holsters for the things. Then, no sight tool for it at all. Some guys had to use KY windage for a couple years. Rediculous. They feel good in the hand (other than those fucking decocker wings the love so much).

But in all, it has had issues with various kinds of malfunctions and issues. Some resulting from lack of maintenance sure, but way too many because of the rotating barrel. My main issues are shooting lefty one handed with the DA and having interference from the decocker and the slide release positions.

I'm trying to get them to have an "approved list" or set of options to fit the individual deputy.
    Proud Member of Team A.P.W.R.

West Virginia Law Enforcement Officer
    "That's all the bullets we had." -- Polk County, Florida Sheriff, Grady Judd responding to a reporter's question of why his deputies shot a cop killer 68 times.

HAHAHA! The ARX was on the discovery channel show "Future Firepower". It was being shot in a "tactical CQB scenario", where the leo demonstrated how important it is to be able to change the ejection side during the heat of battle.

Somehow, I figure during a real shitstorm, I doubt you'll be shoving a bullet tip into a tiny hole trying to change the ejecting side when you could be slinging lead at the bad guy...
    KunzeKustomzLLC likes this.

Absolutely not. That's a righty to lefty conversion. That's it.
    Proud Member of Team A.P.W.R.

West Virginia Law Enforcement Officer
    "That's all the bullets we had." -- Polk County, Florida Sheriff, Grady Judd responding to a reporter's question of why his deputies shot a cop killer 68 times.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast