Join Today
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: 300 aac build done finally

Forum Lurker

Re: 300 aac build done finally

Well finally got to shoot today and the 300 wouldnt fully cycle, tried some 220 grain hornadys and some 225 grain remingtons. It does cycle enough to eject the spent shell but just not enough to pickup a new one also tried two different mags a pmag and a metal one. You guys think I need to change the recoil spring or weight these are all factory rounds I am shooting.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Milesmcever View Post
    Well finally got to shoot today and the 300 wouldnt fully cycle, tried some 220 grain hornadys and some 225 grain remingtons. It does cycle enough to eject the spent shell but just not enough to pickup a new one also tried two different mags a pmag and a metal one. You guys think I need to change the recoil spring or weight these are all factory rounds I am shooting.

Sounds under gassed... BUT, both of those rounds are subsonics. Without a can, they may not work. (AAC specifically tunes their uppers to run any combo of supersonic/subsonic can/no can).

Sounds to me like that's your problem. either run a can with subsonic ammo or run no can and supersonic ammo.

What brand barrel do you have?
    Graphic design and branding.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Current stuff:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some of my clients include, or have included, AAC, Remington Defense, Daniel Defense, TrackingPoint, Barnes, Military Times, Ambush Firearms, Noveske, Blue Force Gear, Unity, Remington, Bushmaster, DPMS, Leupold, Sig, the NRA-ILA, etc.

Forum Lurker

Its this barrel http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts...01-111409.aspx wondering if its the muzzle break just thought about it but I've got the same blackout flash hider on the acr and I had to change the piston to silenced mode to make it cycle. Would this make sense or am I crazy? Went with this because I plan on ordering a silencer just been busy getting my address updated on all my IDs.

It shouldnt affect it. and if you have to change your acr to S to cycle without a can on it, then you have a problem.

Forum Lurker

Okay I lied just checked the acr and I must have left it on s when I cleaned It and had to switch it to u when I was shooting whew was worried about my baby for a minute but on the 300 AR Im gonna look for some more rounds and see if a hotter bullet will cycle it, also ill see how had its gonna be to check the gas block/barrel gas hole lining up.

Good to hear, it will probably cycle fine with a can. Does it cycle with supers?

Forum Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by ACR500 View Post
    Good to hear, it will probably cycle fine with a can. Does it cycle with supers?
    All I can find out there is sub but ive got a ton to reload just gotta get my bench moved here and start reloading some hopefully I can finally finish moving this weekend

Its this barrel www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/barrel-parts/rifle-barrels/bl-uh93e1-4-16-nitrided-m4-300-blk-sku100011000-54801-111409.aspx wondering if its the muzzle break just thought about it but I've got the same blackout flash hider on the acr and I had to change the piston to silenced mode to make it cycle. Would this make sense or am I crazy? Went with this because I plan on ordering a silencer just been busy getting my address updated on all my IDs.

It's definitely the barrel COMBINED with the fact that you are shooting subsonic ammo without a can mounted.

Just looked, and as a matter of fact, there is a manufacturer's note on the brownell's page:

http://www.brownells.com/userdocs/Mi...out_Notice.pdf

Current stuff:

Some of my clients include, or have included, AAC, Remington Defense, Daniel Defense, TrackingPoint, Barnes, Military Times, Ambush Firearms, Noveske, Blue Force Gear, Unity, Remington, Bushmaster, DPMS, Leupold, Sig, the NRA-ILA, etc.

Forum Lurker

Crap missed that but I did find some more info too from hornady about the 300 round and types of powder that seem to cycle the AR better too. While I have looked toward an adjustable gas block the gun smith that was local died about 2 weeks ago so I will have to find someone else to open the port up as it is the same size barrel to the gas block so an adjustable wont do much till I get that done. But first ill just go the simple route and try some ammo loaded to shoot super sonic.

Oh yeah also thanks for taking the time to look at the manual kinda feel dumb for missing that.

Crap missed that but I did find some more info too from hornady about the 300 round and types of powder that seem to cycle the AR better too. While I have looked toward an adjustable gas block the gun smith that was local died about 2 weeks ago so I will have to find someone else to open the port up as it is the same size barrel to the gas block so an adjustable wont do much till I get that done. But first ill just go the simple route and try some ammo loaded to shoot super sonic.

Oh yeah also thanks for taking the time to look at the manual kinda feel dumb for missing that.

It's all good, glad we figured it out.

There are some very high-quality manufacturers that build their 300BLK guns to the same type of spec- limited performance shooting subsonic without a can [Noveske as an example]. The upside is that you will have less chance of being over gassed with supersonics and a can.

AAC, having developed the final specs for the 300BLK know more about it than pretty much anyone and they originally built their guns for the MIL, so they carefully tune their gas ports to run any combo of suppressed/unsuppressed super/subsonic.

Current stuff:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast