Join Today

Thread: Hydro Dip

Hydro Dip

I have a Remington 700 stock I'd like to get hydro dipped multicam and I was wondering if anyone on here has any experience with hydro dipped products? I've heard mixed things about their durability to minor use and more importantly solvents such as carbon remover. Thanks a lot guys and also if you know of any good hydro dipping companies please let me know. Thanks again!

I own a Hydrographics business through my gun store, and dip stocks all the time. If prepped properly, and clear coated after dipping, it's VERY durable. Is your stock a Hogue over-mold edition, or is it a standard synthetic material? The Hogue stock's rubberized texture is pretty tough to do, but it can be done. The hard plastic stocks, as well as wood, are super easy. Before you ask, I'm backlogged with my own shop's guns right now, so I can't get it done. But, I hope the info I gave you helps.
    CEO/Owner
    Tacti-Cool Guns & Gear, Inc
    Santa Maria, Ca
    07 FFL / 06 FFL

Those who live by the sword... get shot by those who don't

I've done it using DIY kits, though you'll have to work some magic to get the Multicam print. It takes a lot of doing until you get it right, and won't come out perfect right off the bat.

Did you try a Google search of shops around you that dip, or businesses you can send your stock off to?