Join Today
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

5.11 tactical clothing

I have not not gotten any new clothes in years and was thinking of getting a bunch of 5.11 pants, shirts, ect. Just wanted to know if anyone here has used any of their stuff and how it has held up? Also, where you got any good deals or discount codes. Thanks!

Interested to see how this turns out, I was alost looking at their stuff but $50 for a pair of shorts is more than I want to spend

I can't speak of 5.11, but I know TAD is amazing stuff. Super comfy and super tough
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Team A.P.W.R. - Tactics and Training Chief

I'm an idealist, with an assault rifle

Just got a few pairs of pants. Really nice stuff. Even got a few complements. Will see how long they last. Got them from lapolicegear.com . They had a few promos, free shipping and 20% off. Also got some molle gear from 5.11 directly, check out their od green pouches, they where marked down to $10. Also found a promo code through Google. Hope that helps.

I have a few pairs of their pants. One of them is flannel lined and good for cooler weather. The nylon type ines are supposed to be pretty stain resistant. The deep pockets are nice so nothing feels bulky if you have a holster on your belt.

One reason I hate 5.11 is for what they've become. The choice of any tactical yahoo who wants to look like a contractor/instructor/whatever. Seriously, fly through Dubai International and all you'll see are Camelbak packs, 5.11pants and shirts, and desert boots. It's hilarious.

Yes they are rugged and can take some abuse, but I prefer hiking gear. What sucks is I see a trend heading into that direction too. (Thank you Haley and Costa.)

In my opinion, your best bet is Sierra Trading Post. I've been wearing Asolo boots since 1997 and they are AWESOME! STP has ridiculous deals on them, other footwear, and hiking clothes and gear.

Thanks for all the input, and will be looking at other options too. SDDuc996, I wasn't looking to look like a tactical guy, but I do like the idea of their clothes and didn't think they looked that bad. For work and rough play, I have a few of my bottoms in MARPAT I have had for almost 8 years now that I wear. I feel like a goon with them though in public. Figured the 5.11 stuff looked a little more normal. Like the integrated knee pads as well (no homo).

As far as boots, I swear by Danner. Have a few pairs and love them.

TAD stuff does look nice Tommy229, but the price is way out of the affective range of my wallet, haha.

Once you switch to hiking boots, you'll never go back to mil tyle boots. Way too comfortable.

Like I said, 5.11 quality isn't bad, I just don't want to wear them.

We were doing some training in Kentucky and went up the highway to an Outback Steakhouse. 7 Team guys, their EOD guy, and me the guns and ammo support. We had a minor run-in with a trashy bride-to-be and their bachelorette party, (we didn't want to participate) and this guy walks up, supposedly affiliated with local LE, and all 5.11'd out. Pants, polo, desert boots and a Spyderco. He was running his suck about working for a govt agency, asking if we knew what "sleeper cells" were, and how much safer we were that he "had the watch". The best part was when he told us he'd read about the sleeper cells on the "securenet." My buddy said, "Wow. Is that like the internet?" He responded, "Yep, but it's secure."
    Last edited by SDDuc996; 05-08-2012 at 09:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SDDuc996 View Post
    Once you switch to hiking botts, you'll never go back to mil tyle boots. Way too comfortable.

Like I said, 5.11 quality isn't bad, I just don't want to wear them.

We were doing some training in Kentucky and went up the highway to an Outback Steakhouse. 7 Team guys, their EOD guy, and me the guns and ammo support. We had a minor run-in with a trashy bride-to-be and their bachelorette party, (we didn't want to participate) and this guy walks up, supposedly affiliated with local LE, and all 5.11'd out. Pants, polo, desert boots and a Spyderco. He was running his suck about working for a govt agency, asking if we knew what "sleeper cells" were, and how much safer we were that he "had the watch". The best part was when he told us he'd read about the sleeper cells on the "securenet." My buddy said, "Wow. Is that like the internet?" He responded, "Yep, but it's secure."
    Sounds like you met the Mall Ninja!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast