500 rounds in possible issues found
Join Today
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Forum Lurker

500 rounds in possible issues found

howdy folks purchased my acr last week shot it the same day and 500 rounds later came upon so questionable circumstances. the receiver pins are so loose and wobble so much that recoil walks the upper receiver pin out of place cause the receivers to separate. that is issue 1 issue 2 is the gas block is secured in place but wobbles side to side. issue 3 when i too the rifle home found rust all over the barrel under the hand guard. issue 4 bushmaster refuses to do anything as far as the warranty claiming the rifle was manufactured too long ago 2013 even if i am the rifles first owner and purchased it last week 3-9-17 so long story short anyhelp or advice with the above aforementioned issues? Any help, tips advice appreciated thanks.

That's literally the first time I've heard of any of those issues, especially all at once. Rust doesn't form overnight though, so it would have been present when you bought the rifle.

Go back to dealer you purchased from and show him the issues. Did you not notice the issues when you cleaned and lubed the rifle upon receiving it?

4. Remove Advertisements
    ACRForum.com
    Advertisements

I agree ^^^, but if you're stuck with it...

1) Is likely not a pin to receiver fit, but the detent to pin fit / force. On my first ACR, the channel in the receiver for the spring and detent wasn't machined cleanly and had gunk in it. This prevents the detent from solidly securing the pin. I fixed it by removing the gunk and cleaning up the channel with a matching drill bit. Worked great after.

2) Try tapping the gas block pins in and see if that fixes it.
    My site
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    and I'm slowly adding to YouTube
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Forum Lurker
    i did notice the rust and the pin fit when i cleaned it. but i cleaned it after shooting all i did before shooting it was lube it. after shooting when i took the hanguard off for the first time that is when i discovered rust on the gas block.

Where are you located? If you are close to me I can look at it
    Rest in Peace Franny
    Employee BBC Armament 07/02
    Email me for questions or Acr barrel conversions (remove spaces)
    templarprecision @ yahoo.com

Forum Lurker
    Louisville Kentucky

I can look at your rifle sometime. I live about 3 hours from there.
    Rest in Peace Franny
    Employee BBC Armament 07/02
    Email me for questions or Acr barrel conversions (remove spaces)
    templarprecision @ yahoo.com

Forum Lurker
    I don't understand the "it is too old to warranty". I don't think anybody here owns an ACR built within 2 years of when it was purchased. IIRC Bushmaster stopped production like a year before I bought mine at least as they were moving their factory and everything went down, and mine was sitting in a warehouse forever before I bought it during the sellout. I would call back and talk to someone else, as the warranty starts when it is purchased, not when the distributor ships it. This is the first time I've ever heard bushmaster refusing to warranty an ACR, and a lot of them went back.

Also, these guns don't rust easy, sounds like it was stored poorly or something weird.

Forum Lurker
    i ordered it from the internet from TSS WAREHOUSE they are in Utah. for some reason the gas block has rust on it when i got it. lubed it too it to the range fired 500 rounds and during my cleaning and stripping of it is when i discovered these issues with it. however i managed to resolve one the one about the loose wobbly pin thanks to the knowledgeable guys on the forum and some good advice i got the detent pin and spring to work properly and now the pin hold up tight. the rust has been cleaned of so that is not an issue. the only problem with it now is the odd gas block. it is firmly attached but it pivots side to side 1/64th of an inch not sure if that is going to be a problem orb not but the pins on the block are tight. just the fit to the barrel maybe a little too loose. opinions?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads