Join Today
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: 200 yards 50 yard zero

200 yards 50 yard zero

I tried out a public range today which I wasn't crazy about. I shot a box through my delta elite then set up at the 200 yard range. I've got winchester white box from when it was still $5.50 a box. Once reloaded or something. Not good stuff but never an issue.

The top target I tried my magpul flip up sights. Im not sure I actually hit it or not. The bottom was my Eotech. Hard to see. It was windy and dusty. Somehow I shot all around the red dot..I love the Eotech. I can shoot fast and at multiple targets with it. Being the reticle is made up of dots its hard for Precision work. . Was still fun though. Never shot over 100 yards at a civilian range

Note the targets are hung upside down. Left target on top.
    Attached Images Attached Images

So you shot a box through your Dolt?

I like EOTechs as it gives you references for close up holds, and though the dot is 1moa, the 65moa outer ring draws my eye to the center one quickly. I do NOT like the two dot EOTechs however, and I hate that it powers off after 8 hrs of not touching any buttons.

Dammit again with the spelling.

Forum Lurker
    I set my EOTech up for 100 yards. Works great for me.

i also do the 100 meter zero, its flat for a further distance. iirc 25 meters is the same as 250 right?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I found this nice little 25 yd target for zeroing to 50/200 yds. http://home.comcast.net/~j_colt123/25%20Yard%20Zero.pdf
    I use the 50/200 because I like how close to zero the hits stay out just past 200 yds. I don't know that I'll be shooting much farther than that anyway.
    Proud Member of Team A.P.W.R.

West Virginia Law Enforcement Officer
    "That's all the bullets we had." -- Polk County, Florida Sheriff, Grady Judd responding to a reporter's question of why his deputies shot a cop killer 68 times.

I think the 50/200 is pretty good. I havnt tried a 25/250. The local range is only 50/100/200 and I was shooting paper on all 3. Not going for tight groups just hit what I aim at. If I could find my bullet flight tables id be able to know more.

oif0709 nice shooting

Hell with no magnification you did very well. Back in the day I used to hit moving targets on the 300M range with irons all day long, 20 some odd years latter meh... lets just say the eyes aint what they used to be. Nice job!
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it". Thomas Jefferson

Forum Lurker
    Nice dude.

Forum Lurker
    If the rifle/shooter is accurate the 25/250 is tits. Can you run the acr with the gas off? Hand cycling it for greater accuracy?

i have a Robinson xcr and its a 1.5 Moa gun on gas setting two with the right ammo....but turn the gas off and hand cycle and you can get under an inch no sweat. There's also a bit of drop in impact with the gas off.

just a thought for playing around at longer ranges (I know the ACR isn't a precision gun but I think sometimes with the right tricks and a good bullet these piston guns can surprise us).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast