Join Today
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Forum Lurker

Swapped out my ACR trigger

For any of you guys out there that are hesitant to change out you trigger package, don't be. I just swapped the trigger in one of my Rock Rivers in to my ACR - I had never taken an AR trigger out before... and it was a piece of cake.
    My ACR trigger was horrendous - coming in right at n i n e pounds! My Rock Rivers are great - nice and crisp and at about 4.5 lbs. I just couldn't wait for the Brownells delivery and was planning on some accuracy testing with a scope on the ACR today so I made the switch.
    It took me all of about 15 minutes after viewing a few of the "how to" videos. Now I have a very nice 4.5 lb. pull ACR. Can't wait to get to the range with it.

The rock river trigger is great, I also swapped mine out with one the day I got my acr, best cheap mod for the platform imo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

DSM
    Yep, easy to do. I swapped mine out with an RRA before I sent it back for the recall, but was worried about going missing while it was back for the firing pin work so swapped it back. I think I'll order a Geisselle for it eventually but luckily my factory trigger wasn't too bad as-is.

Forum Lurker
    I put a RRA trigger in mine also. Great trigger. Then I lost my mind and put in a Geissele SSA Trigger in because I love this rifle so much. I can't stop buying upgrades...

Quote Originally Posted by Freddy979 View Post
    I put a RRA trigger in mine also. Great trigger. Then I lost my mind and put in a Geissele SSA Trigger in because I love this rifle so much. I can't stop buying upgrades...
    It a bonified disease, I think we all have it.
    "Tis better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt." - Pres. A. Lincoln

Forum Lurker
    ...i got a case of the upgrades too...and i got a question freddy...i read on some other forums that the hammer spring on the geissele 3gun trigger and maybe the ssa is shorter than the acr stock trigger spring...some had troubles with the install and some just used the stock spring instead...so is it true?...

...i've read people had problems with the spring on this forum as well and on youtube videos...some say it pops out but if you bend it a little it'll stay...would you bet your life on it?...

DSM
    FWIW I used the stock ACR spring when I swapped to the RRA. It may have changed the pull of the trigger however slightly but it worked fine and was of course better than the factory unit.

Forum Lurker
    I was lazy and kept the stock spring in there. I need to measure the trigger pull to see if it changed the pull weight from what is advertised for the trigger. It feels smooth though. I will look at the springs later today and see if they are different lengths.

Forum Lurker
    I was lazy and kept the stock spring in there. I need to measure the trigger pull to see if it changed the pull weight from what is advertised for the trigger. It feels smooth though. I will look at the springs later today and see if they are different lengths.
    yea man i'd like to hear if its true or not...if they're the same size i'll buy one right now....

Forum Lurker
    Okay. I took my trigger assembly apart for you and verified that the spring lengths are the same. The Geissele springs are coated a nice shiny black too.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast