Join Today

Thumbs up Magpul Pmag M2 vs M3 vs Troy Battlemag

I like all 3

If I had to choose, I'd lean towards the Magpul Gen3's 1st, as they *feel* the strongest, due to the additional ribbing on the exterior, though I didn't see any real diff on the interior vs Gen2's, and a tie between the Magpul Gen2 and Troy Battlemags - I like the Gen2's body and feel better, but the Troy's slim profile at the plate wins there, so I'll give it a tie.

I will say that for maintenance, the Magpuls are easier to disassemble and re-assemble.

photo 1.jpgphoto 2.jpgMagpul Gen2.jpgMagpul Gen3.jpgTroy Battlemag.jpg

I saw some m3's in the local gunshop today. I was tempted to get one to check them out vs the other generation ones too

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

No personal experience with the Troy mag but I will pass along what a worker at a Quanitco Supply said when I asked the question. Get the P-Mag. They had Troy 3-packs on sale back sometime in early 2012 but I passed. Forget that option now!
    "This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
    Adolph Hitler, 1935, on The Weapons Act of Nazi Germany

Pmags are in stock local to me right now limit 1 per day though. Not bad prices either. They also have the Troy 3 packs too

Hopefully we are in the beginning of magazines making a come back..
    "This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
    Adolph Hitler, 1935, on The Weapons Act of Nazi Germany

Forum Lurker
    magpul gen 3 all the way