Join Today
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    Maybe BM will sell the "box" ...maybe......hopefully.......please.....

DSM
    Quote Originally Posted by losman View Post
    Ok I hear you, but why then are they making a distinction and calling in a " super ACR" trigger? I don't expect anybody to have an answer. How different or special can Geissele have in mind to offer us for our ACR's?
    Why they'll bend the hammer spring for us of course.

Forum Lurker
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM View Post
    Why they'll bend the hammer spring for us of course.
    yea the precision and expertise is what cost you...then mr. geissele walks around and touches each one...BAM!... 250$

Hey, I just spoke to Geissele regarding their Super ACR trigger, try...$395! BTW it's been mentioned before as well, they will be selling just the loose parts and springs, no housing (available mid April to end of April). For that price I'll want my shots to have cruise missile technology to go along with the trigger.

I also spoke to Timney triggers (because I thought there could be a quick and easy solution) who has a drop in replacement for AR15's. But after further review of our ACR trigger housing... I'm now pretty sure will not work either because of the latch in the ACR trigger-pack housing that secures the safety selector. The latching mechanism will interfere with a drop-in housing form Timney or anybody else. They would have to design a specific trigger just for the ACR if they were to come out with one, and my sense is from a business perspective it would not be worth it.

So the only alternative solution is the one we have all talked about which will require disassembly and replacing the trigger assembly with existing AR type single and or two stage triggers out there today.

I like would like to find a single stage crisp 3-4 lb trigger. I think Rock River is the best inexpensive very good solution. if you have others in mind...please share.
    State Compliant ACR as of 12/24/00

So the only alternative solution is the one we have all talked about which will require disassembly and replacing the trigger assembly with existing AR type single and or two stage triggers out there today.

I like would like to find a single stage crisp 3-4 lb trigger. I think Rock River is the best inexpensive very good solution. if you have others in mind...please share.
    What I am hoping for is sooner, but probably later, the trigger housing with be available as a spare part. So we can build a complete trigger pack for a drop in solution at a later date,,,,,,,,,hoping sooner than later
    "Tis better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt." - Pres. A. Lincoln

now that would be prefect. I just called over there today and it's going to take a couple of weeks for the new call center to learn the ropes.

DSM
    Hey, I just spoke to Geissele regarding their Super ACR trigger, try...$395!
    I guess it might be one of their Gucci triggers but given that almost any AR trigger will work I'm not tracking on this. Even if it was a total drop-in pack that's a little excessive to sell many of those if you ask me.

I guess it might be one of their Gucci triggers but given that almost any AR trigger will work I'm not tracking on this. Even if it was a total drop-in pack that's a little excessive to sell many of those if you ask me.
    Yep ... I agree...you can do a lot with $395

Outragous is the word that comes to mind. I bet that comes close to a "fully parted" lower price. Makes ya wounder.
    "Tis better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt." - Pres. A. Lincoln

Forum Lurker
    ...just read what losman said about $395....
    ...i swear if i was talking to a rep and he said "yea, the trigger comes out in april and it's going to be three hundr..."-BAM!!... i'd punch him in the mouth and walk away cause he's obviously a dangerous psychotic....

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast