Join Today
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Forum Lurker

Anyone have issues with Magpul Pmag M3?

Hope this is the right place for asking questions on the Magpul Pmag M3 but anyone have them in their ACR. I've heard some issues with them until the initial break-in period and/or modding required. I think it is kind of strange with all the work Magpul has put into them but then again you never know. I'm planning on purchasing about 10 Pmag M3 with windows. Also anyone know the ETA on the ones with the windows? Thanks

Re: Anyone have issues with Magpul Pmag M3?

Wow this is the first I have heard of problems with them. I hope someone jumps in and clears this up. But I know of no eta on the windowed ones.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2
    Customer service at Advanced Armament Corp.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Looks like to me that they were designed to address some weapons platforms that had issues....

Magpul Gen M3 PMAG Overview W/ Pics - M4Carbine.net Forums

IMO - I've yet to have a PMAG fail on me and feel no need to make any changes or pay more for a mag.
    Hell I could give a shit about windowed pmags. Unless you have a product that has a rough time with regular Pmags then scoop up the savings that are now offered on gen 1 or 2 mags....

Here - order up a case - with the way things are going there is a good possibility that there will be a high cap mag ban and if you don't have any you may have to open your wallet for preban shit...

Tactical Submission - Online Retailer of Military & Law Enforcement Gear Including AR15, M4, M16 and Tactical Shotgun Parts and Accessories

Forum Lurker
    I did a quick google of the m3 and saw on the ar15 forum that there were some minor problems. What stood out was that the magpul website talked about fixing the mags for FN SCAR and others but not the ACR so I was checking to make sure that it will work on the ACR. Thinking back I'm not sure why not even a standard AR15 mag fits in a ACR but thought I would check just in case.

Standard mags fit and work just fine in the ACR, I used my ACR to test a bunch of my spare GI mags that I deployed with. My primaries are PMAGs of course, but when I deployed I brought 10 PMAGs and 10 GI mags with the PMAG followers, they all worked flawlessly. The SCAR as well as some other weapons dont like PMAGs so the M3s are primarily intended to enhance functionality with those weapons.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -Benjamin Franklin

Wise Member
    I'll be swapping my Steyr AUG/A3 over to use PMAGs with the addition of a new MSAR E4 stock. Once that is done, I'll buy a case of the new windowed M3 magazines to use in both the AUG and the ACR. It just makes things much simpler.

Anyone have issues with Magpul Pmag M3?

I bought three M3s, but I haven't had a chance to actually shoot with them yet. I found out that they don't work with the current t ranger plates as originally advertised.
    Proud Member of Team A.P.W.R.

West Virginia Law Enforcement Officer
    "That's all the bullets we had." -- Polk County, Florida Sheriff, Grady Judd responding to a reporter's question of why his deputies shot a cop killer 68 times.

I have 10 that will be here Thursday. I plan to try them very soon.

Forum Lurker
    I plan on buying 10 with the windows. Estimate it is about 20 dollars more than if I buy the current Pmag I think its worth it. Also I might get the HK MR223 in the future and would like all the mags to be interchangeable (futureproof).

Forum Lurker
    Got 2. Shot 90 rounds through both of them(got tired of reloading them) and found them to indeed be PMags.

Unless things have changed, Magpul makes the ACR polymer parts, it working the ACR was probably a big deal, Magpul still has money to be made on this platform.

Overall though unless you need magazines, wouldn't really bother buying these. The low profile bottom plates are nice so I would though say if its M2 vs M3, go M3.
    Last edited by Freedoom; 11-15-2012 at 06:56 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast