Join Today

Thread: New to ACR

Forum Lurker

New to ACR

Hi, just joined up. I'm interested in the ACR developments; haven't really been in the loop last few years and was thinking about getting one of these. Had a couple questions.

The differences between the Remington and the Bushmaster; what are they? I see the forearm looks different, and I know it weighs less so I assume the barrel is lightweight profile but is it a different twist?
    Is the Remington product Military only, or is it being marketed to LEO as well?

Forum Lurker
    A lot of your questions are answered in this thread:
    http://www.acrforum.com/forum/showth...on-ACR-Update?

I've been looking at the same things. As far as I've been able to tell there is no civilian version of the Remington ACR. Maybe someday, or maybe Bushmaster will implement some of those changes/variations. Some are more appropriate for the civilian market than others. The Military version loses the ability for rapid barrel change/conversion for instance, so that would be most likely different on a civilian version (done for weight savings on the military level, would be a valuable feature to keep for the civilian weekend warriors or multi-purpose types).

-Cheers

1:7" barrels
    SBR barrels, alternate profiles
    Slimline lighter handguard
    Magnesium alloy lower (lighter, replaceable grip, replaceable trigger guard, higher cut behind grip, tweaked selector, tweaked bolt release, tapered magwell)
    lighter trunnion- barrel nut (not QD)

Basically, most of the changes are weight related. The latest configs are about 1.8 lbs lighter than similar configs of the older generation.

The Rem product currently is only Military and Fed GOV.

Bushmaster is selling to LE.

That all said, the serialized receiver is the same, so any new parts can be retrofitted if they are released.
    Graphic design and branding.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Current stuff:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some of my clients include, or have included, AAC, Remington Defense, Daniel Defense, TrackingPoint, Barnes, Military Times, Ambush Firearms, Noveske, Blue Force Gear, Unity, Remington, Bushmaster, DPMS, Leupold, Sig, the NRA-ILA, etc.

Search tags for this page

acr forearm

new acr forearm

remington acr all variations