ACR Forum banner

Do you think that the version 2 of the ACR will be at the shot show?

9K views 22 replies 10 participants last post by  pillsbury1983 
#1 ·
Do you think that the version 2 of the ACR will be at the shot show?

#2 ·
Yes, I think it will, but it will be shown by Remington defense. They sell only to military contracts officially. I think you will see some of the V2 improvements eventually make there way into the BFI version of the ACR, but not until the Remington version is finalized and available to Mil customers.

What I think you will see is an official announcment of caliber conversions and some on display. (fingers crossed)

I think shot 2012 will be the year of the 300 Blackout in the tactical rifle world.

#4 ·
The only change that would make the current ACR rifle a V2, would be a change in the upper receiver. Due to the ACR's modular design any other change, could be retrofitted to our current platform. I'd like to see a change in the upper, perhaps a lighter trunnion or an overall shorter receiever making it a more compact rifle. I'd be in for one, but I don't think we'll see a change in the upper! We'll probably, FINALLY, see caliber conversions and not much else. I'm hopefully for that but not confident that it will happen soon. They could easily show caliber conversions at SHOT but not offer them until the third or fourth quarter of 2012. The monthly gun mags have said the 6.8 was optional, since the rifle was released. It seems that they always get their signals crossed and print bad info. How long have we been waiting?

SamM

#17 ·
The Bushmaster 2012 catalog is posted on the web, I found it this morning. Look on page 59, it lists barrel kits in lengths from 10.5 to 16.5 inches for 5.56/.223 and 6.8mm kits with barrel lengths from 10.5 to 18.5 inches. The 6.8 kits are listed as including a magazine and bolt. Pricing is listed for them as well.

The link doesn't land you at page one, but it at least gets you to the catalog.
Link: http://www.thedigitaleditiononline.com/publication/?i=89427&p=69
I called and tried to order a 10.5" barrel today with part number F1900021. Chris at Bushmaster told me that they aren't available for sale yet, but that it should be 1st quarter this year. I asked when I could order and he told me maybe 3 or 4 weeks. I think I'll call him again on Monday! :D

#8 ·
Interesting that they all use the same length (short) gas system.

#12 ·
Looks to me like they didn't change anything as far as accessories or v2, although I really want a rifle length handguard

Good thing is there is some progress

#14 ·
It just brings a couple of questions to my mind. Why would you list items in your catalog that you didn't have? And more importantly, why would you list items for sale in your new catalog, if you had no idea when you'd have them? I'm still confident that we will see conversions this year. Honestly, I'd rather see a company like Noveske Rifleworks step up and offer barrels. As long as we could get the gas system parts from Bushmaster, I'd be ok with that.

SamM

#15 ·
That 18" barrel must have a gas port the size of a pin hole to have a carbine length piston on it.

Well, assigning a part number and actually acknowledging that such an animal exists is a step forward but I'm still not optimistic about anything being available in a timely manner. Prove me wrong Bushmaster!

#21 ·
Welcome to the club brother. My wife brings my ACR up almost weekly just to remind me how spoiled I am. She also brings it up EVERY time I want to purchase anything since I've gotten it! Good luck man, you're gonna love it. It's really become an addiction for me. My wife has also began to limit my time on this forum!

#22 ·
You could tell her the only way to help with the addiction is a minimum of weekly range visits with ammo. ;) (just saying.....) concider it therapy... yea, thats it, therapy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.