Join Today
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    VB

$1500 Remington ACR for Military and LEO

Here is an interesting bit I came across today on Sturm:

http://www.sturmgewehr.com/webBBS/se...gi?read=105932

Just F.Y.I...I attended an LE/Military restricted conference/expo this week. Remington had a select-fire ACR there. It was far superior to the absurdly over priced Bushmaster. The Remington is $1500 (of course that is Fed.LE/Military price w/no FET). It has a metal lower, flared mag well, metal selector and much better rails - it is actually a gun that seems to be worth the money and something that one could see actually working in it's intended role - unlike the Bushmaster.
    I told the Rem. guy that if they sold this in a semi for a reasonable price that they would sell tons. He said that he's heard this at EVERY show where he's taken the gun. He suggested that I contact Remington and tell them this. He said that if enough folks did that maybe they would do it.

If you saw the Remington you would never consider the Bushmaster - esp. at the maga-rip off Bushmaster price.

Having seen the two guns, the Bushmaster seems to be something strictly created for the civilian market to cash in at an absurd price while the Remington seems to be a real, high-end gun, operator designed as the ACR is supposed to be. I can guarantee you that a select fire version of the Bushmaster would never be sold to the Feds./military.

All just my opinion of course, but if you get a chance to compare the two, I'd bet that you'd feel the same.
    Here is a pic of the most recent Remington Model. Notice the forged lower

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

DSM

Re: $1500 Remington ACR for Military and LEO

I think that's the same rifle that's been hauled around the country and photo'd many times over. But I do think the Al lower would sell very well. That rail too.
    When have any of our plans ever actually worked? We plan. We get there. All hell breaks loose.

VB

[quote author=DSM link=topic=186.msg1001#msg1001 date=1286623422]
    I think that's the same rifle that's been hauled around the country and photo'd many times over. But I do think the Al lower would sell very well. That rail too.
    [/quote]

Take another look. It's different from previous versions by remmy

Aesthetically, I prefer the BM version

I want my ACR to be like this when it is all said and done

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Forum Lurker

The picture of the one on the table looks like the grip may be interchangeable. I wish the ACR's had that feature. Also can't quite make out the barrel changing handle, is the design different on the Remington model?

VB

[quote author=ACRMax link=topic=186.msg1007#msg1007 date=1286662739]
    The picture of the one on the table looks like the grip may be interchangeable. I wish the ACR's had that feature. Also can't quite make out the barrel changing handle, is the design different on the Remington model?
    [/quote]

When Robinson Armament made the SPR-V for SOCOM, they were told right off that the M96 style QD was 100% unacceptable for combat. They made him change it to something that required way more effort. Notice the SCAR barrel isn't exactly easy to get off.

It's possible that military feedback forced a change to the ACR's barrel ratchet system.

DSM

[quote author=Variablebinary link=topic=186.msg1003#msg1003 date=1286644925]
    [/quote]

Take a look at some pics from the AAC Silencer Shoot earlier this year, I believe that was the first sighting of the "alternate lower". I tried finding them but my search-fu is weak tonight. Might be over on barfcom. I wonder how many they have built, probably can't be that many yet. I called it when it was first announced, there was going to be a rift between a Remmy and BM ACR. They'll get out eventually through LEO's or other purchases and they'll be like the kids in school that got the new, neato sneakers before anyone else! )

As for the barrel ratchet, the tool less design is clever, not unlike a 240B, but not really necessary I suppose. I'd prefer some sort of combo tool like device that would have to be used. Still quicker than an AR for your adaptive purposes, just as secure, but also probably less parts meaning a few ounces of weight saved. This would probably allow a slightly slimmer handguard as well. That tri-rail has some girth to it.
    When have any of our plans ever actually worked? We plan. We get there. All hell breaks loose.

VB

[quote author=DSM link=topic=186.msg1013#msg1013 date=1286672695]
    [quote author=Variablebinary link=topic=186.msg1003#msg1003 date=1286644925]
    [/quote]

Take a look at some pics from the AAC Silencer Shoot earlier this year, I believe that was the first sighting of the "alternate lower". That tri-rail has some girth to it.
    [/quote]

Negative ghostrider

DSM

Oh geez, now I'm gonna have to search through all that junk to prove that I'm not crazy!

ETA:

OK, I don't know if the pic links will work but here's the link to the original barfcom post from the end of August so I was incorrect about the Silencer Shoot. I must have confused the AAC reference and the shoot together. It says they were posted on AAC's Facebook. I refuse to do any facecrack so I can't verify that but we'll see if the pic links will work...

http://www.facebook.com/SILENCERSHOO...id=52234888887
    http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.htm...8&t=194088

VB

[quote author=DSM link=topic=186.msg1019#msg1019 date=1286714993]
    Oh geez, now I'm gonna have to search through all that junk to prove that I'm not crazy!
    [/quote]

The metal lower was at the AAC shoot, but it was quite a bit different, as was the skeleton rail systems. You're not crazy

I was interested in the aluminum lower, but after seeing the current gen, I would probably stick with the polymer version.

DSM

Is that a Geiselle trigger in that thing?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast