Join Today
    Forum Lurker

Noob want to know about ACR reliability/Durability

Hello guys,
    I am really interested in buying an ACR, most likely the basic model with fixed stock.
    I heard ACR had some issues at first, but seems like most things are fixed.

Questions,

Did they installed the newer (fixed) version of the gas regulator that allowed 5.56mm round?
    Did they fix the firing pin issue? ( I heard the firing pin wears out really fast )
    Any issues with loose fitting after 2000-3000 rounds?
    Are there any problems/issues with the current production ACRs?
    What might be the things to watch out for when buying an ACR?

Thank you

i have had no problems with 5.56 or .223 with my older style acr, i think its on an individual basis for problems. they have released a newer style regulator (with a round tip) that is supposed to help with the higher pressures.

as far as fitment after 2k+ rounds, my acr just hit 2k and it feels like the day i got it. the only thing i can think that will make me not buy an acr is if it was recalled or not, mostly because i'm inpatient and wouldnt want to spend 2k and send it off right away

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mine functions flawlessly. Only have 95 rounds through it and of those I fired 90 in one trip to the range. Not using high end ammo or anything and the carbon build up was minimal. I have a basic one myself and pinned a folding stock and installed it to keep it state compliant. Other members here have modified theirs in numerous ways and it seems to show the longevity and capability this rifle has.

I have more than 2000 rds thru mine and have had no malfunctions what so ever. I shoot mostly american eagle.223 55g fmj and have shot rem. umc with no problems at all. My grouping is within a dime to a quarter at 25 meters. The only neg about the rifle is waiting for the 6.8 conversion to come out and also the shorter oem barrels. I am very pleased with the acr.

Forum Lurker
    Anyone experiencing really worn firing pin after couple thousand rounds? I heard it was an issue...
    Also, no loose fitting of the rifle whatsoever? Even after thousands of round?

no and no, i've only heard of 3 rifles that are doing that, i have 4-600 rounds through my new firing pin and no chipping whatsoever and my rifle see's more time out of the safe in a couple of weeks than any of my .mil rifles ever did lol

Forum Lurker
    @bigdog2003_99,
    Do you know what Bushmaster did to the newer batch of ACRs?
    What are the revisions? I only know about the gas regulator and the titanium firing pin

Thanks

My ACR's are the newer batches and they both function flawlessly. I have shot almost every type of .223 and 5.56 with no issue. Nothing comes loose and it has stayed very clean. I highly recommend getting an ACR.

Quote Originally Posted by kiddsf View Post
    @bigdog2003_99,
    Do you know what Bushmaster did to the newer batch of ACRs?
    What are the revisions? I only know about the gas regulator and the titanium firing pin

Thanks
    those are about it as far as i know, hopefully they increased the qc after the move to new york