Hkbeltfed's ACR project
Join Today
Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Hkbeltfed's ACR project

Hkbeltfed's ACR project

My ACR project is almost complete. I know everyone drools over the Remington ACR, but I like the original Magpul version. I like Magpul's polymer AR furniture which is peaked my curiosity in the ACR in the first place.

Anyway, I added the Magpul QD attachment on the right side of the stock. Inspired by Callmecolt's ACR, I cut down the handguard on a milling machine. I stuck a oil bottle core in the grip. It has a Black Hole Weaponry 1:8 twist barrel. It has Marvin's gas system and is cut as short as possible while still being able to service the piston, about 9.8". I need to torque and rockset the muzzle brake, I already have a Surefire SB, and I have a Mini inbound.

Future mods will include a Surefire Warden for unsuppressed use when they come out. I plan to make my own ambi charging handle. I've come up with a 3 position trigger as seen below and I'm working on a ACR safety next.

I modified a Geissle trigger to offer 3 positions - safe, SSA, then S3G!

I acquired all of the Magpul select fire lower housings as seen below and I'll pair the trigger with one of them.

Brand NEW, black and very rare, FULL AUTO stripped ACR lower

After that, I think I'll be done!

Last edited by Hkbeltfed; 09-20-2015 at 05:22 AM. Reason: fixed links
    tattooo, Rombot, mpow66m and 2 others like this.
    My site
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    and I'm slowly adding to YouTube
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Lookin good so far!

Looks simple and sexy.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ACRForum.com
    Advertisements

Hell yeah man! Looks great!
    Rest in Peace Franny
    Employee BBC Armament 07/02
    Email me for questions or Acr barrel conversions (remove spaces)
    templarprecision @ yahoo.com

Wise Member
    Flattered that I inspired you! Came out nice. Wish I could put a 3 position switch in mine.
    My ACR videos;

Wise Member
    You should have left a bit of the handguard front and angled it down into it.

Looks great, really nice work!

Thanks guys. I now have a Surefire Warden on the way. I neglected to mention, I'm obviously using an Eotech as seen. Also, Gen 1 pmags for nostalgia.

Here's a pic of the barrel. I haven't weighed it yet, but I will update when I do.

Assembled, it's pretty front heavy, even with that short of a barrel. It's 22mm behind the gas block and 19mm in front. Had I known it would be that front heavy I may have done something different, so I'm looking at ways to reduce weight. Since Marvin's dimpling machine work is all the same based on a datum from the bore, and I've had him dimple barrels before, I used some old modeling I have done to consider my options, see below. I didn't model the whole thing as it's relative to what I'm working with now. I just did 5.5" worth of barrel which is the real estate available behind the gas block (and the weights are just for that section). There's not much room for barrel weight reduction elsewhere. I prefer thicker barrels with dimpling or fluting versus smaller diameters, but I'm on a budget these days. I've got my eye on the lightweight trunion thread and I'm watching the posts on lightened carriers too.

My site
    and I'm slowly adding to YouTube

now u lift bro

all of my rifles are turned down to about 15.5mm, I can't imagine 22mm.

I need to reduce mine some. Perhaps I'll dimple my next barrel set
    Rest in Peace Franny
    Employee BBC Armament 07/02
    Email me for questions or Acr barrel conversions (remove spaces)
    templarprecision @ yahoo.com

Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast

Remove Ads